Wednesday, August 1, 2012

In Madrid!

Well, I arrived in Madrid safe, but without much sleep on the plane. Marian got up bright and early and was the first smiling face I saw outside Customs. We took a quick taxi ride to her family's apartment, where we are staying the night. Thank you Jaime, for the comfy bed! Marian tried her best to to get me adjusted to the time, so with just a quick shower, we were off walking all over Madrid for some light sightseeing and lunch with our fellow hikers, Lisa and Jill, who arrived three days ago.

I was surprised at how clean and pretty Madrid is for as old as it is. Everyone seems very friendly, also. I am not trying very hard to speak Spanish, because I have Marian right by my side. I did try to ask for a "to-go" bag once, and found out I used the word for "ticket" instead of "bag". As in, can you put that in a ticket for me?". Yeah, my Spanish is awesome.

Took a quick nap after a late lunch and now I am getting ready to go out for an early dinner.

4 comments:

  1. Keep 'em coming! I am checking your blog every morning. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos Kim! I agree with Wordy, keep 'em coming. Hey, who's that woman you're drinking wine with? She's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete